Now we can finally meet up outdoors in groups of six, we want to make the very best of time spent with our friends and family. With longer, brighter, and hopefully, warmer days ahead outdoor catch-ups are on the cards.
So, whether you’re hosting a socially distanced family BBQ or family picnic on the lawn, you need the tasty treats to elevate your garden dining experience. We caught up with Debbie Paver, who let us in on her favourite dish to serve at parties, great for those who want to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with good company!
When entertaining outdoors, you need the shoes that will add serious style points to outdoor get-togethers, selected from our Garden Party collection, we have a whole host of sandals, pumps and flat shoes waiting for you. Scroll on down to find the shoes that will make every soiree you have so stylish!
Debbie's Yuk Sung Recipe
A traditional Chinese dish, Yuk Sung is a delicious savoury dish packed with flavour, it makes a great starter or side dish for a BBQ. Really simple to make with very little prep requires, it’s just perfect for a quick and tasty treat outdoors.
Plus, there’s no need for cutlery, just fold up and eat! Serve them on a large platter so everyone can dig in!
· 500 grams minced pork (use Quorn for a vegetarian option)
· 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
· 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
· 2 tbsp soy sauce
· 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
· 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
· 1 large pack of stir fry vegetables
· Iceberg lettuce
- Put the meat in a big skillet or wok with the sesame oil and chopped garlic. Mix together on a high heat until meat starts to brown.
- Mix together the soy sauce, sweet chilli, hoisin and Chinese five spice, put on a low heat for 10 minutes or so.
- Make sure you do a taste test at this point, add more ingredients for a stronger flavour. My family love chilli, so I add a heaped teaspoon of chu chow chilli oil (crushed chilli in oil) for a spicy kick.
- Add a large pack of stir fry vegetables. Cook for about 10 mins until the veg soften a little.
- Serve a heaped spoon full in an iceberg lettuce leaf, for an extra hit of flavour add a splash of sweet chilli and hoisin with roasted cashew nuts.
The Shoes to Wear for a Garden Party
Wide Fit Wedge Sandals
A party isn't complete without a little sparkle!
Comfortable and glamorous, these sling-back sandals are the perfect choice for every party.
Delicately decorated with rows of diamante gems, they're the sandals that will work with practically everything in your wardrobe from pretty summer dresses to jeans and a blouse.Shop The Look
Adjustable Mule Sandals
Both elegant and comfortable, these slip-on sandals are the perfect style to take you from casual days to warm summer evenings.
Luxuriously soft, they sit on a low, lightweight wedge heel and a deep cushioned leather insole that will step you through the occasion in total comfort.Shop the Look
Floral Print Loafers
Giving you the comfort of a casual style and the classic look that will step you through the season, these loafers have been designed with an extra lightweight feel.
Forever chic, these loafers have the style power to work with every occasion. Slip them on with your jeans and a light summer jacket, or basque in the sun with a floaty dress.Shop The Look