Here at Pavers we are committed to providing our customers with the best possible service, and this applies to protecting your personal details too. The information you provide to us helps us bring you the latest, most relevant news, offers and inspiration which we think you’ll love.
When you make a purchase from our website, we collect certain personal information from you (for example: your name, email address, payment address and details). All such information is held on secure servers. Pavers complies fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation and will treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
We will not gather or hold personal information about you unless you have given your permission for us to do so. By placing an order, you will consent to the use of such personal information.
Any personal information held or processed will be used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way. It will be kept up-to-date and will be destroyed as soon as the reason for its collection or processing has lapsed. Unless we have your consent to do so your personal data will not be passed to any third party except for profiling purposes, to offer you the opportunity to purchase from us, to fulfil the delivery of the goods to you, and as is necessary to process credit or debit card payments.
Your privacy and confidence will be respected at all times.
Who we are
Pavers Limited (“we” “us” “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
What information is collected about you?
If you have registered with us or ordered items from us, we (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) may collect and process the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders you have made;
- details of the method by which you intend to pay for the goods ordered;
- your on-line browsing activities on our website;
- your password(s);
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your location;
- your responses to surveys we ask you to compete. Surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- other correspondence and communications with us; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Some personal data is collected directly, for example when you place an order on our website or send an email to our customer services team. Some details are collected automatically during your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, browsing data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual
We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
How is your personal data used?
We (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) use your information:
We use the information we have about you to tailor the content of our communications and make them as relevant to you as possible. Under Data Protection Legislation this may qualify as profiling. If you do not wish us to use your data for this purpose please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing data with third parties
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal information with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to us and to you, and for no other purposes.
With your permission we may share your details with other carefully selected companies whose products and services we fell you may be interested in. We work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors categories. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to help the retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
Your personal data is shared with Experian Ltd for the purposes of managing a service called Club Canvasse, a home shopping and direct retailer data co-operative of which Pavers Limited are members. By sharing information on what customers buy and pooling that with contributions from other members of the co-operative, the service allows Pavers Limited to better understand our customers and to communicate with you more effectively. Please note, your personal information is not shared with any of the other members of the co-operative. To understand more please click through to Experian’s website to understand more about their marketing services.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Convert: https://www.convert.com/opt-out/
- AdRoll https://help.adroll.com/hc/en-us/articles/216599538-Opting-Out-of-Personalized-Advertising
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
How long will we keep your personal information?
We will retain your personal information no longer than is necessary for the purpose we obtained it for thereby reducing the risk that it will become inaccurate, out of date or irrelevant. Information that is no longer needed will be securely deleted.
How we store your personal data
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Should you wish to stop receiving emails from us, you can unsubscribe using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the emails,
Should you wish to opt out of any other forms of communication please contact us at email@example.com