Give your Pavers shoes the nourishment and care they deserve to prolong their lifespan and ensure they stay soft and supple. After all, we spend half our life wearing shoes, so it’s important that your Pavers shoes feel great and look good too. If you look after properly, we guarantee they’ll only get better with age. Here’s some tips and useful information to get you started.
Cleaning and Protecting
- Before you polish your shoes remove any dust or dirt with a clean cloth or by lightly brushing.
- Clean and protect your shoes regularly using the correct products. We recommend Dasco shoe care products or try one of our handy shoe care kits, perfect for keeping your shoes in tip-top condition.
- Use Dasco natural water-based protector spray for invisible protection on leather, suede, nubuck and fabric against penetration of water and helps keep your footwear looking its best for longer.
- Avoid over polishing your shoes as this can lead to cracking
Leather and Suede
- If your shoes have a waxed leather upper, regularly use dubbin or a leather conditioner to keep the leather supple.
- Suede uppers will look their best when brushed, Dasco have a good selection of bushes and cleaning blocks.
- Storing your footwear using a shoe tree will help maintain their shape and can help prolong their life.
- Never store or dry leather shoes near direct heat.
- Never machine wash your footwear as this will seriously damage your shoes and void any guarantee.
Wet Weather/ Drying Shoes
- Footwear is not waterproof unless clearly labelled on the product.
- Allow wet footwear to dry naturally in a well-ventilated area as this will prevent any damage.
- DO NOT dry your footwear using an artificial heat source as this will damage uppers and cause the leather to separate from the bonding.
- Replace heel tips, leather soles and insocks regularly to prolong the life of your footwear and prevent damage to the construction.
- Brand new leather soled footwear should never be worn in wet weather conditions, it’s important to wear them on a dry day to allow a build-up of grit on the soles, doing this will help protect the leather and extend the life of the footwear.
Other quick tips
- Alternate your footwear regularly as this allows your uppers to breathe.
- Remove and air the insoles from your shoes after wear to keep them nice and fresh.